The Paris trucks for the Kaliber deck came with Paris’s own black 90a bushings which, for my 85kg (187lb) weight, is too soft for my liking with the board tipping too easily and feeling overall less stable.
My understanding is that Paris use the following bushings on their trucks:
- Blue – 81a
- Orange – 85a
- Black – 90a (which mine came with)
- Red – 93a
I am not sure for certain, but it seems to be a bit of lottery what bushing you鸿运国际网址官网下载安装 get with Paris trucks – my last set came with the red 93a and this set, an identical specification 50° V2, with the softer black 90a.
With a view to trying out some new bushings, I put in 94a Mindless JuJu Race barrel+cones bushings (wanted to try a new make), which firmed up the board significantly – a night and day difference from the default softer Paris ones; although it does not feel as perfect (which could be down to the deck as well) as my Hackbrett-Paris set up with white Venom94a SHR barrels combined with Red 91a SHR cones.
Try some out…
If you鸿运国际网址官网下载安装 are unhappy with you鸿运国际网址官网下载安装r board or never tried different bushings, I highly recommend having some fun trying ones with different durometer ratings and see how you鸿运国际网址官网下载安装r board responds.
Buying replacement bushings also highlighted how much some people charge for them online. I initially looked on Ebay, and Amazon, and some sellers were selling the same ones, you鸿运国际网址官网下载安装 can get from skate shops, for more than x5 the cost. The biggest rip-off was £13, and £2.95 postage, for just a cylinder and cone; which I can buy at my local skate shop for £4. Beware folks, there are unscrupulous people out there ready to rip off the unsuspecting.
A good post on silverfish on bushings:
Below are the charts I use for guidance on weight and riding style.
Other things to note
A few other things to note about bushing:
- They should always fit the cup, or supporting washer – don’t try and make them fit if they don’t, just get matching cups or washers.
- Never ever cut a bushing if too tall or does not fit the cup – cutting will introduce micro-tears and shears, Under pressure, there is then a significant risk that the bushing will tear and you鸿运国际网址官网下载安装 will be off the board.
- Bushings can vary in height, as well as diameter and durometer – if you鸿运国际网址官网下载安装 get too taller bushings there can be no room left for the kingpin nut. Often people will get a tall board-side/bottom-side bushing, but have a shorter one top-side/road-side.
- Mixing makes, shapes and duro is not uncommon – there is no hard and fast rule.